30 September 2007

The Land of the Rising Sun
By Gelina Rose Bambalan, II-Acacia

I have read and heard so much about Japan, that is why my greatest dreams include visiting Japan, “The Land of the Rising Sun.” I am amazed at the industry and discipline of the Japanese. There is no wonder why Japan is also known to be the Industrial Giant of Asia.

If I am given the opportunity to visit this country, I would not miss the chance to visit Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the two cities that suffered much from atomic bombing during the Second World War. Through these cities we can see how resilient the Japanese are for they were able to recover from those bombings.

I will also visit the tallest mountain in Japan, Mount Fuji and the famous Lake Kawaguchi. It became famous for its inverted image of the mountain that is reflected on its waters.

I will also not miss the chance to see the different kinds of Japanese architecture, such as the Horyuji Temple in Nara. I have read that it is rectangular in plan and consists of open pavilion locked by its own upward curving roof.

Through reading books about Japan, I learned so much about the country and reading is like taking a tour of Japan. It would be much better, however, if it is for real and I could truly see the wonders found in Japan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hope you get to visit Japan, gelina! good work!

Followers