04 July 2010

II-Narra's Thoughts...

and feelings on the Inauguration of the 15th President of the Philippine Republic


As a Filipino, I felt relieved by his ascent to power. I feared that former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo would announce Martial Law at the last minute. As this new chapter begins, the Filipinos' chests swelled with pride, savoring every moment of this historic event. 
~John Bryan Sorreda


After the inauguration, I and my family felt liberated from the grasps of corruption. We felt happy that the reign of corruption would end, and that our new leader would lead us to a prosperous nation.
~Kristian Zantua


As a Filipino, I felt that there is hope. I was overwhelmed about what happened. Even though he (President Aquino) has not started his work yet, I'm hoping that he will be a good leader. I am hoping that he will fulfill his promises. What happened yesterday symbolizes a new beginning and the unity of the Filipino people.
~ Norielle Dejucos


I felt President Aquino's will and determination to change the government. He wants prosperity in our country and wants to change the wrong leadership of the Arroyo Administration. Everyone was very hopeful; it's like putting new batteries in a flashlight.
~Kristelle Irish Mae Azurin


As a Filipino, I felt so proud that the June 30 inauguration was done successfully, with peace and unity. I even had goosebumps when I saw how the Filipinos at the Quirino Grandstand supported the new president of the Philippines. I saw in their eyes their hopes that P-noy will be the one to raise the country from the mud of poverty.
~Mary Grace Llovit


I felt the rush of hope and faith in democracy when I saw hundreds of devoted supporters of our new president. The sight was one to behold for not so many Filipinos have gathered like that since the last People Power. From that moment on, I truly believed he is the symbol our nation has long yearned for, because he can make a divided nation unite as one kingdom.
~Hae-rim Mae-lin Bolanos


As a Filipino, I felt like this is going to be a good start for our country - a new beginning that will change the life of the Filipinos. It is the end of the corrupt Arroyo administration that made the people wade in the mud of poverty. I am hoping that my high expectations won't end up as expectations within his six years of governing the Philippines.
~Ahra Christine Nodalo


I felt happiness in my heart as a Filipino since it's a new era, a new hope, an imminent change and development for the Filipinos. The ceremony gave birth to a new government that made the population dream again after all those years of challenges and mistakes. It made the people hope to rise again and start a new life as a Filipino.
~Aaron Alarcon

No comments:

Followers