13 November 2008

Durvasa's Curse

from the output on Sakoontala

When Sakoontala was so caught up in her dreams of her husband Dushyanta, who was unfortunately called by duty to save his kingdom from trouble, an old, irritable sage visited the ashrama. Sakoontala failed to notice him. This raised the old man's ire and thus began Sakoontala's woes.


"Light of spirit, by my spell,
Person in mind, will never return,
Memories of you will be gone as well.
To you I throw this, so you would learn."

~Group 5, II-Acacia


"I, Durvasa, a well-known sage who's in front of you
Is not recognized, what a cruel thing to do!
Covered by my anger, I give my wrath to your life
More painful than a heart stabbed with a sharp knife
I'll give you an everlasting suffering by this curse of mine:
The person who you are thinking know you no more,
His memory of you will be kept within a forever locked door."

~Shiva's Guard, II-Narra


"You, ungrateful person, who ignored my presence,
Be cursed by the power vested in me by the Hindu deities.
In the spirit of my curse,
The unfortunate person in thy mind would never return,
Andhis memories of you will vanish!
To you, I bestow this,
So you will learn!"

~Shiva, II-Molave

Followers