29 December 2007

Our House (An exercise on description)

By Mary Nyl P. Tiu Serra, I-Mars

The place that I remember most often is our old house in Guinobatan. It is a bit small compared to other houses, but my family is contented with it. It is a bungalow-type house. We put things that we don’t frequently use in its dark attic which serves us as a storage room.

My favorite part of our house is the flight of stairs which leads to the attic and the cold attic itself. It is where I cry when something bad troubles me. I also made myself an improvised tiny room made of big and heavy boxes in that attic. It holds too many memories. It’s where my father did his first and last (for now) disciplinary action to me. It is also where my playmates and I played (even though that place is forbidden for non-family members). I love that place.

But when typhoon Milenyo struck our place, our house (which is near a wide river) was flooded. We had no choice but to stay in the attic. I felt cozy there but then another super typhoon passed. We were supposed to stay in the attic but then the flood got higher so fast. I felt so lonely when I saw only the pointed part of our roof; our house was surrounded by the fast current of water, darkened by many debris.

Our house was destroyed; still I keep the memories in it in my heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

naalala ko pa nun nung d pa tau skulm8s, u used to tell bout ur hawz..nice! our house is d best place in our lives, ever!

Angel said...

it's never too late to make new memories...

Followers